Welcome to HouseGeek: Jeff Strang, Oregon Certified Home Inspector #1409, based in NE Portland. In business since 2010. Oregon Construction Contractors Board (CCB) license #189905 (find info about any real-property contractor here)
Highly experienced, knowledgeable and personable.
Certifications, licenses, experience:
- Home remodeling and repair contractor, 1993-2004
- City of Portland Housing Inspector, 2005-2009
- Oregon Environmental Health Specialist (worked at Multnomah County, 2010-2018)
- Oregon Inspector Certification, Oregon Building Inspector (Commercial and Residential), Oregon Residential Plumbing Inspector, Oregon Residential Electrical Inspector
- Healthy Homes Specialist (National Environmental Health Association)
- Radon measurement provider (certified by National Radon Proficiency Program)
- Oregon Lead Risk Assessor (includes Lead Paint Inspector)
- IDEAS Home Modifications Practitioner Certificate
Fee: $250 per dwelling unit, plus $0.05 per square foot of floor space, plus $50 if the dwelling to be inspected includes a crawl space, plus $2/mile 1-way distance from my office (1137 NE Beech St., Portland, OR).
Radon test (48 hours): $100 if included with home inspection; $100 plus $4/mile 1-way distance from office for radon test only.
Additional charge if travel distance exceeds 20 miles.
Report: Comprehensive home inspection report available within 24 hours of inspection, with photos of problem areas; see Sample Report tab.
Radon test: results of 48-hour test available within 6 hours of monitor pickup.
Call 503-752-9494 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a home inspection or to ask questions. I also do specific, limited inspections, such as crawl spaces or roofs only, environmental health inspections, or reinspection after work to correct problems identified in original home inspection.