Welcome to HouseGeek: Jeff Strang, Oregon Certified Home Inspector #1409, based in NE Portland. In business since 2010. Oregon Construction Contractors Board (CCB) license #189905 (find info about any real-property contractor here)
Experienced – knowledgeable – personable.
Call 503-752-9494 or e-mail email@example.com to schedule a home inspection or to ask questions. I also do specific, limited inspections, such as crawl spaces or roofs only, environmental health inspections, assessments for aging in place, or reinspection after work to correct problems identified in original home inspection.
Home Inspection fee: $300 per dwelling unit, plus $0.05 per square foot of covered floor space, plus $50 if the dwelling includes a crawl space, plus $2/mile 1-way travel distance from home office (1137 NE Beech St., Portland, OR). [Extra charge if over 30 minutes 1-way driving time or over 4000 square feet.]
Report: Comprehensive home inspection report with photos of problem areas emailed within 24 hours of inspection; see Sample Report tab.
Radon test (48 hours): $100 if included with home inspection within 20 miles of home office, $125 if 20-30 miles from home office. Stand-alone radon test: $125 plus $2/mile 1-way distance from office; additional charge if travel distance exceeds 20 miles. Results of test available within 2 hours of monitor pickup.
Additional Certifications, licenses, experience:
- Home remodeling and repair contractor, 1993-2004
- City of Portland Housing Inspector, 2005-2009
- Oregon Environmental Health Specialist
- Oregon Inspector Certification, Oregon Building Inspector (Commercial and Residential), Oregon Residential Plumbing Inspector, Oregon Residential Electrical Inspector
- Radon Measurement Provider (National Radon Proficiency Program)
- Oregon Lead Risk Assessor (includes Lead Paint Inspector)
- IDEAS Home Modifications Practitioner Certificate