Welcome to HouseGeek: Jeff Strang, Oregon Certified Home Inspector #1409, based in NE Portland. In business since 2010. Oregon Construction Contractors Board (CCB) license #189905 (find info about any real-property contractor here)
Experienced – knowledgeable – personable.
Call 503-752-9494 or e-mail email@example.com to schedule a home inspection or to ask questions. I also do specific, limited inspections, such as crawl spaces or roofs only, environmental health inspections, assessments for aging in place, or reinspection after work to correct problems identified in original home inspection.
Fee: $250 per dwelling unit, plus $0.05 per square foot of floor space, plus $50 if the dwelling includes a crawl space, plus $2/mile 1-way travel distance from home office (1137 NE Beech St., Portland, OR).
Report: Comprehensive home inspection report with photos of problem areas available within 24 hours of inspection; see Sample Report tab.
Radon test (48 hours): $100 if included with home inspection. $100 plus $4/mile 1-way distance from office for radon test only. Additional charge if travel distance exceeds 20 miles. Results of test available within 2 hours of monitor pickup.
Certifications, licenses, experience:
- Home remodeling and repair contractor, 1993-2004
- City of Portland Housing Inspector, 2005-2009
- Oregon Environmental Health Specialist
- Oregon Inspector Certification, Oregon Building Inspector (Commercial and Residential), Oregon Residential Plumbing Inspector, Oregon Residential Electrical Inspector
- Healthy Homes Specialist (National Environmental Health Association)
- Radon Measurement Provider (National Radon Proficiency Program)
- Oregon Lead Risk Assessor (includes Lead Paint Inspector)
- IDEAS Home Modifications Practitioner Certificate